A Message from Consumer Action

Consumer Action's MoneyWi$e educational materials have moved to our Managing Money Project website. Here you may view, download and order bulk copies of the MoneyWi$e materials. Please make a note of the Managing Money Project address— www.managing-money.org —and add it to your address book.

Consumer Resources Links



The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) Database

Search the NICB database for vehicles and watercraft affected by Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma. The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) can be found on dashboards, driver's side door jamb stickers, and title documents. The Hull Identification Number (HIN) can be found on the right rear of the watercraft hull. However, Consumer Action recommends that you do not rely solely on any car history database to tell you whether a vehicle has previously been damaged or has any other problems. Car experts agree that the key to avoiding a car with problems is having the car inspected by an independent shop for body/mechanical problems before you buy it.

Visit: The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) Database


Quick Menu

Support Consumer Action

Support Consumer

Join Our Email List

Optional Member Code
Facebook FTwitter T

MoneyWise Modules

Managing Money Topics

Help Desk