A Message from Consumer Action

Consumer Action's MoneyWi$e educational materials have moved to our Managing Money Project website. Here you may view, download and order bulk copies of the MoneyWi$e materials. Please make a note of the Managing Money Project address— www.managing-money.org —and add it to your address book.




  • White House unveils Renters Bill of Rights. The Biden administration is releasing a “Blueprint for a Renters Bill of Rights” that highlights the need for clear and fair leases, the right to organize, and eviction prevention and diversion, among other
  • It’s time to finally fix air travel. On Wednesday morning, the Federal Aviation Administration was forced to reboot its system that alerts pilots to safety issues, grounding all air traffic in the United States. Much of the rest of the world —
  • Biden’s new student loan repayment plan. Federal student loan borrowers could pay less money toward their debt and shorten the path to forgiveness under the terms of the Biden administration’s revamped income-driven repayment plan. Those who borrowed $12,000 or less
  • A breach at LastPass has password lessons for us all. LastPass, the maker of a popular security program for managing digital passwords, published details about a recent security breach in which cybercriminals had obtained copies of customers’ password vaults, potentially exposing millions of people



  • Big e-vehicle tax credit possible early next year. People who want to buy an electric vehicle could get a bigger-than-expected tax credit come Jan. 1 because of a delay by the Treasury Department in drawing up rules for the tax breaks. As a result,
  • Here's how Congress wants to overhaul retirement plans. Intended to boost retirement savings and access to 401(k) and individual retirement accounts, the Secure Act 2.0 is aimed at low- and middle-income workers, those strapped with student debt and people who may not yet have
  • 3 ways student borrowers were protected in 2022. The Biden administration’s new Borrower Defense to Repayment rule protects students from repaying their federal student loans if those loans “were taken out as a result of a school’s fraudulent,
  • The age of free online returns is ending. Retailers have subtly discouraged multi-size ordering — a process known as bracketing — and returns in general by omitting shipping labels from delivery packages even as they continue to give full refunds when customers brought


  • Student loan debt repayment pause extended. The Biden administration is extending its student loan repayment pause — which was set to expire at the end of the year — into 2023 while its promise of federal relief remains hung up in court.
  • Consumer groups want grocers to ditch digital-only deals. A coalition of consumer groups is asking grocery chains to rethink their digital-only coupons, saying the deals discriminate against people who don’t have smartphones or reliable internet access. Digital-only deals __ advertised online or

Quick Menu

Support Consumer Action

Support Consumer

Join Our Email List

Optional Member Code
Facebook FTwitter T

MoneyWise Modules

Managing Money Topics

Help Desk